I am Nick Drysdale, Chair of the Sports Committee, with a follow up from my last email (Meet the Directors) to remind you that we have the elections of the Tennis and Squash Chairs in November at the Annual General Meeting. I have been asked to provide a brief list of the main tasks involved for these roles (please see below). The tasks/role are not set in stone and prospective candidates will have their own thoughts on the way forward to improve the club. If you are interested or would like to nominate someone for the role of Tennis or Squash Chair please get in touch with me as nominations will ideally be in by 1st week in September. If you would like to meet me to discuss the role please feel free to email to arrange a date email@example.com or see me in the club.
Once the nominations are received I would like to send out an email introducing the candidates with a brief statement of who they are and what are they would like to see happen at the club. Please could all nominees be emailed to me in the first instance.
Chairs of Tennis and Squash Committee
- To chair meetings every 6-8 weeks, provide minutes for the members.
- To work with the club manager LTA/Avon Squash (BADLeague) to organise seasonal inter-club competitive leagues.
- To create and delegate to volunteers on the committee various roles, league secretary, captains of teams, junior organiser, social secretary.
- To assist the Manager on access and use of tennis or squash courts. Typically this would include social evenings, number of teams, team practice evenings, court allocation.
- To make recommendations on membership fees and type of membership.
- Review facility upkeep and maintenance again with the Manager.
- Review club policies on various matters, for example safe guarding.
The above is written as a guide and any incoming chair will have flexibility in composition and titles of various jobs and roles.